You know sometimes when you say "I have never had ______ happen to me before" and then it happens? I did that like 9845234 times. This week was SO HECTIC.
Monday- Starting the week off by visiting a man we met a week ago, we pulled up to his house, then I thought, " I'll park around the corner to no be creepy", I pulled around, hugged the curb too close, went into the drain, and then bent the back right side tire rim. Nice. Our day ended by putting the spare on and scheduling for our car to be checked out.
Saturday (ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN ONE DAY, I PROMISE)
We were on exchanges. Sister Tovar and I were in NPI and Bushman went to Corpus.
- We started the day out by going to a member's house and helped her sterilize her floors. I felt like Jodi down on my hands and knees mopping floors all day.
- Then Kanesha came over to the member's house and had her baptismal interview. She passed! She will be getting baptized June 27!! My mommy's birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate.
- Then we went to a less active around the corner. He was busy, but told us to talk to his neighbor. "He probably will be really rude and not want to talk," but we went anyways.
The man answered the door, and said, "Hi. I am a member. I have been looking for the church for the passed two years and haven't been able to find it." Well, he probably hadn't been looking too hard, but we found him! We talked for a minute and then met his wife. She isn't a member, but practically BEGGED us to teach her. Her husband told us she wants to be baptized. #crying.
- Then we went to visit John, our investigator. We were on his porch out front talking when something caught my eye. I looked in the window of his house to see the reflection of the scene behind me. A woman got into her car, backed out of her driveway and straight into the side of our Toyota Corolla. She got out of her car and started flipping out. We called the vehicle coordinator to see what we should do, and in the middle of the conversation the woman got into her car and drove away. So yeah, we still have no idea what to do...
- Then we went to Sonic for Mint Lemonade to cool down. (if you haven't had it, try it. It will change your life.)
- We went to corpus to switch companions back. On the way home I was telling Sister Bushman all of the crazy things that happened to me, and as I did, I looked into the rear view mirror to see her bike fly off the back of the car. I threw my hands in the air and yelled, "QUE MAS?!" (yes Karissa, I think in spanish). We got off the interstate, drove around, and then got back on to pick up the pieces. The bike was nowhere to be found. We pulled off into a parking lot to see if it fell down into a ditch, when a man pulled up beside us. Sister Bushman's bike was hanging out of the back of his car! He gave it back to us and we got his name and number so we could bring him cupcakes (and also teach him the gospel #twobirdswithonestone)
- Then we ended the night by making gluten free cupcakes and laying on the floor while eating them still hot (frosting melting down the sides and all over our faces.)
Sunday- I woke up feeling like a bobble head. My eyes drooped, ears full of fluid, scratchy throat, and my limbs felt dead. I went to the medicine cabinet looking for a cure. A carton indicated that it would cure my symptoms. I took two pills, then looked at the back. CAUTION: DROWSY. I studied for a bit, and then knocked out, waking up at 4pm. Of course the only time I would ever miss church is on my mission.
This is just a tiny bit of what happened this week, sadly, I am out of time so I can't say much more. There is a warning for tropical storms this week, so stay tuned for next week's post. It may be even more exciting than this weeks. Hijole.
xoxoxo much love,