The random things that happened:
- The spanish branch can't say "Hemmingsen" so every sunday when I play the piano they say, "Gracias a la Hermana Hemmi por toca el piano." #foreverhemmi
- Sister Correa taught us how to make homemade flour tortillas. I am so glad that I have celiac, or I would be so fat.
- We husked a coconut this week banging it on the sidewalk. It was rotten, we were so disappointed.
- Sister Taylor got called to be a Sister Training Leader! We feel like we got cheated because we really were together 3 weeks. There were so many exchanges and meetings where we were separated!! We have decided that she can just be my STL. #wishfulthinking
- perrrooo... the most exciting news is I AM TRAINING!! aka I am getting a new missionary! I am so so so excited! Tuesday night I was sitting on the floor with the other sisters and we got a call from the president's assistants. They told me to be in McAllen the next morning at 11 to a meeting for all the new trainers. What a crazy day it was. I drove down with Elder Sessions and Thorton and spent the whole day getting tips on how to help a new missionary acclimate to mission life.
I have been thinking a lot about testimonies lately. We have all these experiences and see so many miracles that help build our faith. However, sometimes we base our testimonies on the miracles that we see, and we can't. Our strongest part of our testimony should be based on the Savior.
In Mark 9:24 it talks about the father and son with an unclean spirit. Christ asks the father if he has faith that his son will be healed.
" 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."
We sometimes feel like our faith level is high, but when times get rough, it drops like a hat and we have to humble ourselves to ask to help our unbelief. Our testimonies can't be what I call, "miracle-moniesor or story-monioes". Stories can help build them, but our testimonies should be built on our knowledge of the savior and what he has done for us.
I love you all and wish you could all join me out here in 70 degree texas weather. It's glorious.
This probably doesn't make much sense, but I don't have much time to add to my thoughts. I am running out of time. The library is about to close.
Me encanta hablar en espanol. Es una don de dios que puedo hablar. Estoy agradacida por la oportunidad. .. i dont have time to say much more.
I go down to McAllen tomorrow to get my "baby". I am SO EXCITED.
La Hermanita Hemmingsen
retweet #poorelderhemmingsen if you think spencer is going to die in the acrtic circle. (I hope not, but it gon be coooolld..)
Shout out to Jordyn Jensen for turning 13 last week!