- Mid morning on Wednesday we received a phone call that a missionary was missing. (note the date was April 1). Everyone thought it was a joke, but it was no "chiste". That morning his companion woke up that morning and he was gone. We spent Wednesday morning-Friday night, 300 miles, and around 25 hours searching every bus stop, airport, hotel, library, grocery store, pawnshop, taxi service, other churches, stores, parks, restaurants, and any place that we could think someone could hide. It was the most exhausting and nerve racking think I have ever experienced, but on Friday night we were informed that he was in San Antonio and his parents were "en camino via avion" (on a flight) to come pick him up. It really shook us all up, but he is safe at home with his sweet mother. That's all we know, and probably will ever know.
- Saturday morning we woke up for conference. There's nothing like listening to a prophet's voice. I hope everyone was able to watch and learn all the things that god wants them to know and apply. If not, you can always watch it again. (Click HERE.) If I had to choose favorite talks they would be David A. Bednar's on being God fearing, Michael A. Ringwood's on leadership, and then of course Elder Holland's on the atonement and Elder Ucthdorf's on grace. However, my favorite part of conference was seeing Rene taking notes. The joy of knowing that one more soul in Laredo has been touched by the word of the Lord and decided to change because of it is the the greatest reward.
- In between sessions, Sister Crawford got a call from the assistants and she will be training next transfer!
- We had an Easter fight this morning. The culture here is to hollow out eggs and fill them with confetti and then smash them on people's heads. Se llaman,cascarones. And yes, my head is caked with confetti. It is wonderful. (might have to ship some home so we can do that next year.)
- And to end this whole hectic week, we got transfer calls this morning. 8 missionaries will be leaving laredo, and I will be one of the them. Because of all the chaos this week, I didn't even skip a beat. I worked hard in Laredo, and I will continue to keep working hard. Sadly I don't know where my next stomping ground will be. (sorry Jodi) But, wherever it is is lucky. I am ready for the challenge!
I don't know what else to say. I am so amazed at how aware God is of his children. There shouldn't be a day that goes by that we don't see at least one miracle. If you don't see them, you aren't looking!
Much love from,
The Queen of Laredo
Riley and Alec Unsicker for singing in the choir. I was sitting next to Elder Blackman and at the same time we pointed at the screen! "HEY! I KNOW THEM!" Riley was standing right next to his brother. #crazycoincidences
Sister Hunt goin back to Cali. #bestSTLever
My wonderful companion. SO HEARTBROKEN. We made a CD with all our jamz, #findatreeandputitinyourhouse #ineedsomefoodstamps #itestifyfrommymotherswomb
I'll love you forever, my baby you'll be.
My laredo fan club. I love yall Bastante. No me olvideis!