- we made gorditas and then played "hold to the iron rod" Jodi style with our 9 year old investigator and his family.
- invited the zone to a surprise birthday party for Sister Eggett, Elder Montgomery, and Elder Gallegos..three bdays in a week!! #cray President himself came and brought the cake.
- taught seminary Wednesday morning on Noah's ark and we had the whole class in a frenzy that there was a storm coming and we had to seek shelter.. nope. just acting out noah's ark story modern day style.
- I got a letter from Karen and Adolfo (Adolfo is my first convert) that they will be getting sealed in the Guatemala Temple in October. #dreamsdocometrue
- We found our golden investigator, David walking down the street as we were riding bikes in the rain. He told us about how he literally has nothing besides his bike, a couple pairs of pants, and his little apartment that he is about to lose. His job pays $3 an hour and requires him to work 4pm- 6am everyday but Sunday. We have taught him all about to gospel and he is drinking it in. He told us about how he has felt that the Bible is missing something and when he saw the Book of Mormon he cried. We invited him to be baptized October 18 and he started to cry again.. That is his birthday. #diossabe
- Mexican Independence Day celebration was Friday at the church. A member sewed us authentic Mexican attire so we could fit in with the crowd. I felt like a Disney princess. Everyone wanted our picture.
- WE DID A GLOWSTICK DANCE at the party. it was the coolest thing ever. I wish I had pictures, but I only have video. It was sickkk. After it was over all the children swarmed and tore the glowsticks off our clothes. Elder Montgomery yelled "Now I know what if feels like to be Justin Bieber!"
- totally realized that "besos y brazos" means hugs and arms.. I've been meaning to say "besos y abrazos"... woops. #spanish
I can't include all of you who reads this, because I don't know who reads this. But I do know that he loves you. Each and every one of you. His plan is specialized for you.
I encourage all to prepare to hear the words he has specifically chosen for you to hear in general conference coming up October 3rd and 4th. Come seeking guidance. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
I love you guys so much. Thanks for all of your support. Que tengan un dia fantastic y nos vemos pronto.
la Hermana hemmingsen
happy wedding mandy <3