Just got transferred down the street to Mission 1st Ward. Like literally 2 miles away.. New comp, Sister Pickett, new apartment with new sisters, SISTER CANO AND SISTER MESSER, and new language, English and ASL.
- Yes, am living with old companions. It is the greatest thing ever; I wake up every morning loving life.
- Instead of speaking Spanish here, our ward has the ASL people of the valley. Just so happens that Sister Pickett was studying ASL before the mission.. #coincidenceorGod? She interprets for me, and we talk with all the cute, deaf people. It's the coolest thing to see the gospel.
- My new companion has allergies to tree nuts. I am allergic to wheat, milk, apples, and honey. We make a great couple. This last Thursday I found a box of buckwheat pancake mix in the cupboard. I proceeded to make a couple when upon consuming I read the ingredients in which I discovered that the second was "wheat flour". Uh oh. So I gave the rest to my companion. She ate a couple bites and grabbed her throat. "Did you happen to use almond milk?!" she exclaimed. .... OH NO. this is going to be a great transfer. (I just read that over.. it's worded quite silly, pero no me importa.)
- There are a couple of members that are vegan in the ward. I AM IN HEAVEN, finally. Funny story, Sista Pickett had asked me what my favorite dessert was and I said peach cobbler but I haven't been able to eat it for years. Our vegan member called us up last night and said, "Hey, do you guys happen to like peach cobbler? I have some gluten and dairy free cobbler in the oven. Wanna come?" #tears
- I got word from Corpus Christi that John Clapp #clap is going to be baptized. YEESSSS. So happy.
- We were teaching a little nine year old about general conference. Our plan was to have him come to conference with a question and receive an answer during one of the talks. Sister Pickett started the lesson with, "If you could ask God anything in the whole world what would it be?" He sat and pondered for a moment, and then said, "Why do mosquitoes exist?" I love kids.
- I just got my flight plans.. Leaving McAllen at 11:09am flying to Dallas, then Omaha landing at 3:37pm on December 16. WHAT IS HAPPENING.
all my love,