- Our investigator made us a gluten free strawberry pie
- We got a garden box on the island and we are going to start "planting seeds" (Alma 32) and literally start planting seeds.
- We had a free lemonade stand (Brad, Spencer, and Isaac I know what you are saying right now.) to get to know people. The second person who walked up had this cool accent. I asked where he was from. SWEDEN. He asked who I was. A missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.. He says, "Oh! I know that one! I am a sculptor and I actually sculpted the statues in front of the winter quarters temple in Omaha, Nebraska." *jaw drop. It was the coolest conversation.
- The water in Corpus Christi was tested positive for ecoli this weekend so everyone was scrambling for water. Of course this would happen the weekend of our lemonade stand. Luckily we had emergency 5 gallon jugs of water in our apartment. (hence the ecoli statement on the bottom of our lemonade stand sign.
- We weeded one of our investigators yards. There were so many sticker-burs.. my skirt was COVERED. But it was all for a good cause, right?
- We were thinking about how we can be blessings to the members here. There are a couple of pregnant woman and wanted to do something special. Spa Night!! Yes! Sister Strange was so excited and actually was talking to her daughter a few days before and told her that when she serves a mission she should paint all the pregnant woman's toes.
Oh, the classic battle between the natural man and spiritual man's desires. The topic is so big I wish I could write a book on it. No wonder it's my father's favorite scripture. Our entire life we must fight the desires of our natural man. The great thing is, God gave us some really nice guidelines that can help us along our mortal way. They are called the commandments. Keep the sabbath day holy, the word of wisdom, the law of chastity, tithing, fasting.. sound familiar? Think about it. All of these commandments are so that we are not addicted to the things of the world. By keeping them we come off conquerors against the desires of our flesh. How brilliant God is, isn't he?
I don't have much time to elaborate today.. Read this FAB talk by Russel M. Nelson. It's simple and simply beautiful. Click Here
Life is great in the south. Just a wee bit hot, but no big.