Pretty much all I have to say is that I am so happy I can barely type. I love my companion SO stinkin much.
- We spent Halloween all four of us together eating crepes and painting balloons. It felt so weird to not be out doing work. We decided that once a year is good enough.
- A couple weeks ago we were sitting at a red light and there was a woman standing on the street with a cardboard sign that read "anything helps". I didn't have much time to think, so I jumped out of the car with a photo of Christ in hand. I gave the photo to her she took it and just stared at it in awe. I saw the light turn green and so I didn't even have time to introduce myself before getting back into the car.
We must always be anxiously engaged sharing the gospel. You never know who is ready to hear the truth. Sister Pickett and I have set the goal to do "unconventional missionary moments" throughout the week (meaning being a missionary even though you don't always have to.) Por ejemplo: talking to cashiers, giving out pass-along cards at gas stations, etc..
- I woke up with a searing pain in my back Sunday morning. I had a knot in my shoulder the size of a quarter. All three sisters held be down as they rolled out my muscle with a bouncy ball. I thought I was going to die, but I am all better. I guess that's what I get for trying new workouts.. jaja.
Here are my goals for my last transfer:
Overall goal: Trust God with all my heart.
Actions to accomplish:
- remove distractions of going home
- no Christmas music till December
- plan for after mission things only 20min/ day and then put those thoughts away and WORK.
- pray to recognize when I need to repent so that I can improve quicker
- pray 3 times a day specifically to repent
If I do this I will always be worthy of the spirit.
Pickett and I have been talking about weaknesses. They are given to us so that we have to turn to God for help. Without them, we would be too proud and feel like we don't need him. However, we are not defined by our weaknesses. We can overcome them. It makes me think of something a member told me, "I have fat, but I am not fat." You can replace it with the word weakness "I have weaknesses, but I am not weak." Make simple plans to become better. Planning should be simple and have actions you can check off. You have to believe that taking those actions will help you improve. You can do anything you put your heart to.
con amor del valle del sur de tejas,
PS MACKENZIE JOHNSON IS GOING ON A MISSION TO PENNSYLVANIA. #IMCRYING. #SOEXCITED.