- I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday on missionary work.. Included was my dad and Sylvia's conversions. #bossmembers Then after church everyone came up to us and now we have like 4 appointments every night... so I guess it worked.
- The zone leaders in Edinburg asked if I could do 40 pushups.. I failed miserably, but promised that the next time they see me that I will be able to. What did I get myself into? I don't know. Now every night my companion and I do 7 sets of 7 different kinds of pushups and I feel like I am going to die. #noodlearms (however, now spencer won't be makin fun of my weak arms. #win)
- We are teaching the daughter of the bishop as well as her daughters. They are my favorite people in McAllen. The daughters will be baptized this Sunday! We are oh so very excited.
- We did a "Word of Wisdom" night with the bishop and his granddaughters. We met at the church and did a workout. Before bishop got there we decided to change our clothes in the car so we would have more time to work out. I was wearing my green skirt. The zipper is broken on it, and I have to take it off over my head. I thought I would be able to do it, but nope, like halfway through attempting to change Bishop pulled up and Sister Medina jumped out of the car and protected me. Haha. He went inside, I got the stupid skirt off, and all was well.
- The district is all trying to get in shape before Thanksgiving. We asked a guy from the ward who is a body builder to come train us once a week. He had us push his truck and flip tractor tires, and while we were waiting 100 burpees and 100 squats. #killmenow
- Friday morning we got a call from Sister Maluenda. "Hermanas. Estamos en camino a su casa. Vamos a estar alli en cinco minutos. Esta bien?" "Si, estara perfecto. Nos vemos pronto!" *hangup "RUN! CLEAN THE HOUSE! THE MALUENDAS ARE COMING OVER IN FIVE MINUTES." Luckily, the house was pretty clean and everything was fine.
But get this-- There was one man who was in the cast who was not a member that President was teaching. He was in the group of Noah's wicked priests. Between act 2 and 3 they baptized the man. #ALMA How cool is that? (Read Mosiah 11-18 if you have no idea what I am talking about.)
This morning I was thinking about Abinadi and Joseph Smith. They were one of the very few followers of Jesus Christ who sealed the work of God with their blood. What a wonderful example they are of enduring to the end. They knew the bigger picture, they trusted in the Lord, and they fulfilled their purpose.
I have around 100 days left in my mission.. I hope that I can seal my mission "with my blood"; giving all that I have to the Lord and his people there.