- we chose a member to love extra special this week. We called it "Jenifest" and everyday we dropped off a little something to make her week extra special. (I don't take credit for the idea..thank you Jodi for teaching me well.) It was like Secret Santa all over again!
- Last week we knocked on a door and found Rene. People. I have never met a more prepared person in my life. He will be getting baptized the 22nd of March. When we were talking about the sacrament and the importance of renewing baptismal covenants his comment was, "Oh! It's like laundry for the soul." My jaw dropped to the floor. Genius.
- It was Neha's birthday on Friday, and Helmer's on Sunday. We decided to make a cake for them both with a recipe lemon cake a member had given us. We started mixing ingredients when we realized we were missing eggs. So we ran to the store, bought eggs, finished mixing, read we needed oil.. we only had olive oil.. went back to the store, bough oil, came home, read the next direction, "3 cups of powdered sugar" for the glaze. I could just hear my dad's voice "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" in my head as I got back into the car to go back to the store. We ended up frosting it in the parking lot. The cakes turned out pretty.. Don't know how they tasted, but I think the point got across.
- Wednesday we had zone conference and Sister Tervort and I sat front row, right in the line of fire. It was so cool to have Presidente Maluenda talk in Spanish and be able to understand everything he was saying. I remembered back to my first meeting with President and being so confused with all the words that were being so quickly said. It was way cool to be able to help my companion and such.
- March Madness is hitting it off strong in Laredo. Everyday we have competitions with the other missionaries and at the end of the day the zone leaders call us to update us on the results. They sing the little ESPN song and everything. Little things like that make me so happy.
found this video a while back and can't remember if I shared it. It's wonderful. I love the story of Esther. She risked it all; her courage was based on her faith and lives were saved.
I will be studying the last week of the savior's life the next couple of weeks before Easter. Feel free to join me. I am using this talk:
and Jesus the Christ, as well as the the last chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I would love to hear what you learned.
with honey, la hermanita hemmingsen
shout out to
I know this is weird but I know a ton of people with birthdays on March 13)
Karissa Jensen, Marcus Webb, Tanner and Taylor Lambert, Elizabeth Schnell, Caroline Chauncey, and the one and only CLAIRE HEMMINGSEN. <3 'yall are wonderful.
also to Monica on the 15th.
and Nick, I got your letter. Way to go Creighton. woo!