Let's start the day off with a great laffy taffy joke.
Why did the scarecrow get a prize?
He was outstanding in his field.
thoughts of the week:
- I usually sing while riding or else my "animo".. aka energy drops and i get sad. So i sing and wave to people. sometimes i feel like I am in a parade.
- You know you live on an island when the roadkill is dead fish on the side of the road. Don't ask me how they got there, but there was fish EVERYWHERE.
- Sister Bushman got a phone call Tuesday morning from the bike company saying they would give her a completely new bike because it wasn't our fault. I wanted to cry I was so happy.
- I am reading the book Believing Christ and it is SO GOOD. It talks about the difference between believing in Christ vs. believing Christ. Everyone should read it.
- I forgot to add the crowning moment from last saturday's sequence events. We came home and I said to Sister Bushman, "All I want is a letter." When I opened the mailbox, what do I find? A package from the the Sioux City Young Women full of letters. Thanks guys, you were an answer to prayer. God is so aware of his missionaries.
We have a crazy week in store, so be excited for next week.
Tuesday: I am having withdrawls from Jodi's Minute To Win It game nights, so we are having a party and inviting all of our investigator families and a couple members.
Wednesday: Presidente Maluenda himself is coming up to Corpus for a Zone Conference. #getready.
Saturday: Kanesha's Baptism
Sunday: Last real day of the transfer.. I'm not worried, but anything could happen. I just can't believe I only have four transfers left. #wut.
I completely forgot to talk about Father's Day last week. As you all know I LOVE JEFF. Like we are best friends and I know he would do anything to make my life easier. In my scriptures I have taped the letter he wrote to me the night I left for college. I was reading it yesterday and felt like he was sitting next to me on the pew in church with his arm around me.
It starts out "I quickly realized as a parent when you were leaning how to walk that I could not be there to stop all of your falls. I would comfort you and kiss your 'bo-bos" but then I would put you on your feet and say, 'Ok, you are fine, go play."
He then went on and talked about all the fun memories and experiences we had together as a family and just to two of us.
He ended with this: "I want to be with you forever. I want to stay up late in Heaven and watch movies and eat popcorn there. I want to appreciate art and music and sports with you there, too. I love you, now here is a kiss, get on your feet and rund along and play. You have many things to do." I feel like that is exactly how God feels about all of us. He is always picking us up and telling us to keep going.
click here for an awesome video