YOU.GUYS. This week was AMAZING.
- first off, SPENCER. GREATEST ADMITTANCE EVER. #ialswaysknewitwasyou. it was either you or isaac.
- We helped Dean Lutzke paint part of the barn in his backyard this week. We were talking about Bridgett's "tanngled" birthday party coming up when Cristina ran and got the wig of Rapunzel she bought. I put it on and was singing and dancing around like a princess. Dean said, "If you wear that to church I would come." Jokingly I said, "I would!" On Sunday, I was leading the music in the front of the chapel, and in walked the Lutzke family, Dean and all. When we all sat down, Dean leaned over and said, "The wig is in the car." I died laughing.
- A couple weeks back Sister Tervort and I went to the hospital to pray for a premature baby. On Friday we were visiting a less active family that we hadn't seen forever and in walked the mother of the baby. We had no idea she was related to them. The father is a member, and has a 10 year old son that he wants to be baptized. #wecanhelpyou
- On Saturday I had a little "just smile please/ yearbook" joy moment. A member let me borrow her camera and just snap away. I felt like myself surrounded by the people I love SOOO much. it was glorious. (mom find some of the pics and post em)
- We had a less active and an investigator attend the women's general conference meeting on Saturday night. Every word that was said applied to their situations. It really is true that if you come with questions, they will be answered. I encourage all of you to listen to conference earnestly wanting receive answers.
- We were having a meeting on Wednesday and at the very end, in walked a man wearing a Pepsi Cola shirt and a very distressed face. We asked if we could help him, and he actually sat down and had a lesson. He told us about how he had hit rock bottom and needs help. We taught him, read Alma 7:11-13. He seemed a bit hesitant. I looked down at my book of mormon and read verse 15.
- 15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.
- We set a baptismal date with him and Sister Tervort said the most amazing prayer. It was probably one of my favorite lessons we have ever taught (well, the spirit taught) on my mission.
- Yesterday we came to church and the other sisters texted us saying their investigator was being baptized in 20 minutes. None of us had any idea (including the investigator) that he would be baptized that day when we woke up. The thing is, he was interviewed and was completely ready. Mr. Martinez was baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and is now just glowing with excitement to continue to grow his testimony.
To read more about miracles, I would suggest reading: Hebrews 11 and Mormon 9
I wish I could say more, but I am about out of time.
Here are some wonderful videos about Easter:
Don't forget about General Conference this weekend! What a wonderful way to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior!
Saturday and Sunday April 4-5 from 11am-1pm and 3-5pm (central time). Each session is different. Watch them all!
Love you all,