- The district was doing family history together and we were having a competition who could go back the furthest in their family line. Everyone was getting back to like the 1700s, then I got back to the 1100s. So I was feeling pretty good about myself, right? Then Cano got on and went all the way back to Adam.. like the first Man to ever walk the earth.
- One of the members had us over for dinner and I was looking at a picture of their son playing baseball and noticed that his jersey said Elk Horn. I asked where they had recently moved from and they said Omaha Nebraska! We figured out that they used to live just down the street from my aunt Lindsay and uncle Jamie!
- I saw an iPhone 6+ yesterday and was mind blown. What will they come out with next?
- The primary program was yesterday. The classing moment where two little girls fought over who got to stand in front happened. Crying and hair pulling began and one mom had to grab her daughter before anything got too serious. It was very entertaining.
- We learned kickboxing moves and yoga poses with one of our members on Saturday night. It felt so nice to exercise!
- I got a package from the lovely Mandy Wiberg and Lauren Ossola. S/O to 402! #chester.
You guys know me.. sometimes I am pretty soft spoken. We discussed about how as missionaries we can't beat around the bush. I need to be kind enough to say something so that the people we are teaching can change for the better. As we were finishing up he looked me straight in the eye and said. "Do you love your Savior?" "Yes! Of course!" "So do you trust that he will help you with whatever you face?" I paused. He smiled and said, "You know what you need to do." and then gave me Exodus 4 to study.
In this chapter, Moses is called by God to free the people of Egypt. He thinks that he is inadequate because he is slow of speech. And do you know what the Lord said?
"11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?
12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say."
He also gave him Aaron to help him speak... (aka his missionary companion) I shouldn't be scared of what to say. The lord made my mouth. So ne knows what words to put into it. Every time I talk to someone I think of Moses (a prophet who thought he couldn't speak very well) and trust that the Lord will lead my words.
On Saturday we taught our investigator about the Word of Wisdom (the commandment of not drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.) We prepared before the lesson exactly what questions we wanted to ask and talked to the member to let them know how exactly we wanted the lesson to go. It was amazing! Hiram, our investigator, understood exactly why we must keep our bodies clean and how to do it. Its amazing how much the gospel can change a person. The first time the missionaries met him he said that he didn't believe Christ was the son of God. Now he is getting baptized November 23! Miracles are happening in Laredo, my friends.
I have learned that if you love someone enough, have the courage to help them change. It might hurt for a second, but it is better to let them have a moment of pain than an eternity of it. Don't let your fear impede other's spiritual progression.
Sammy John turning 10!! woot woot! #sweg
Hermana Ossola (I know you are leaving for the CCM soon. ENJOY MEXICO!)
Les quiero muchisimas!