- i was introduced to spaghetti squash today. Sister Bushman leaned over and said, "God was thinking about you and his celiac people when he made that vegetable." ITS SO COOL. Look it up.
- I realized that Kanesha is Katelin Hemmingsen, my cousin. She is the greatest mother to her boys. She is also so open to learning... and of course talking. :) ---Love you, Katie.
- We moved one of the elder's investigators this week. It took all day. Walking up and down flights of stairs in the sun all day while wearing jeans is a lot of work.
- I bruise so easily, seriously I bump into something and I turn purple. Here is just one of the many..
- Someone told me I say "like" a lot and that I sound like a valley girl.. awk..
- MONICA PEACOCK IS IN ENGLAND and KARA HARTLEY IS IN MONGOLIA.
- We often say that the sacrament is a renewal of our baptismal covenant. Yes, that is true, but also all the other covenants that we make. And it is also the only covenant that we make for ourselves more than once. (Which means it is VERY important.)
- Some of Elder Perry's words went something like this: "I wish that I could everyone would understand the importance of the sacrament". He said this time is so sacred and when he partakes of the sacrament he asks these questions:
- Who am I?
- What am I doing?
- How am I living?
- Where am I going?
- What should I be accomplishing?
- We should treat all of Sunday extra special. It should feel like Christmas every week. We should wake up early, excited.
- When you walk into the chapel, the organist is playing music to bring the spirit. Sit down and prepare yourself to be spiritually fed. (It's cool because I have been able to play the hymns for sacrament almost every Sundayon my mission.)
- The Sabbath is not over after church. We should be spend the day with our families doing things that bring you closer. There are proven facts that show that families who eat/ enjoy time together are happier, and children are more stable resulting in being more successful.
10 For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High.
Take a step back and try to find something better you can do to follow the commandment of keeping the sabbath day holy.