- Tuesday we woke up at 4am to a phone call from the zone leaders. They made us get in the car and drive to a member's house and workout with them. Why not, I'm not going to fall asleep anyways, so we went. We did max out everything. For two hours they had us doing squats, burpees, lunges, weights, and diamond pushups. I've never been so tired in my life. The rest of the day was great, I was wide awake. But then the next day we were so sore. I went to South Laredo for an exchange with Sister Hunt. That night when we came back, we picked up Sister Cano and Sister Vasquez (Sister Hunt's companion.) They had ridden bikes that day, so we put the bikes on the back of the car to take them back tot he apartment. I accidentally put the keys to our apartment on the back of the car. Yes we drove away without the keys to the apartment. We got there, they left, and then we realized we were locked out. Luckily the other sisters that live with us were there and we all jumped in their car and went back. Imagine four girls in dresses trying to run up and down the streets in pain because their legs are so sore. It was a pretty funny sight to see. The member came out of her house to see what was going on and then just started laughing.
- I was eating salt and pepper popcorn and then all of a sudden started choking... then I sneezed... I yelled, "JODI!" I died laughing because I just became my mother.
- the zone leaders had us all come to the church in exercise clothes Saturday and they related rugby to the gospel. We as a team have to trust that there will be someone behind us to throw the ball to. Also you have to be constantly moving forward. The minute you take a step back, the other team has a huge advantage. OH. I just love rugby.. and our zone.
To all that read my post from last week, I am SO MUCH BETTER this week. Like 180 turn around. Do you know what I did? I prayed and asked to be happy. The next day we had a study with our leaders and they gave a list of 10 things of how to be happy.
1. surround yourself with happy people
2. laugh (on average kids laugh 300+/day and adults 15/day) this is why kids are happier..
3. spend more money on others than yourself
4. have good conversations
5. listen to good music
6. exercise and eat healthy
7. unplug and go outside
8. get enough sleep
9. feed yourself spiritually
10. try to be happy!
It's a decision. We determine what we get out of life. I've realized that really, we can do anything we want to in life. When you put your mind and your heart into it, that's 90% of the battle.
Sorry this is so random. I didn't have time to think about what I was going to say this week.
I wanted to invite everyone to watch this video. I'm sure most of you have seen it, but I bet I've seen it more than you have. I learn something new every time I watch it.
Pull out a notebook and write down anything that comes to mind.
Here are my thoughts:
- How quickly the spirit changes and pierces your heart when the music changes and the words "the first gift" pop up.
- The different nativities that are shown. They all represent the same story, yet look so different. It shows how he really is the savior of the whole world.
- The words of the video are so simple, but so powerful. The last two phrases offer an invitation. "discover the gift" and "embrace the gift" As we teach people we ask them if they have discovered the gift, and then how they can better embrace it. We also ask people what gifts they can give the savior this year.
- Everyone (well, almost everyone) loves Christmas. Everyone says that there is just this magical feel about it. We as missionaries get the opportunity to carry that "magicness" to people all year!
I am so happy everyone, thanks for all your prayers. I felt the support from all of them.
shout out to
ELISE for becoming a teenager!
Madi Conrad for becoming Hermana Conrad. (I don't know exactly when you went into the CCM.)
My brother for lookin like a true European. #sofresh
FYI- In one year I will be home in the 605. Where does the time go?