- Wednesday was one of the sweetest days of my mission. I was able to work with Sister Cano. We set off with high expectations and a day full of plans. She made the comment, "I feel like when we were in Laredo we were just out working, now I feel like I am out sharing the gospel with my best friend." After a couple hours, still no one was answering the doors. She started to tear up and so we took a little break. We sat on the doorstep of a member's home and apologized for all the trouble we caused each other a year ago when we were companions. It was the sweetest moment. It's amazing how much we have both changed.
- I officially finished reading the Book of Mormon while planking. #swol
- tried to make gluten and dairy free pancakes and then almond free pancakes at the same time, but failed again and made both Sister Pickett and me sick again. #nevereattingpancakesagain
- We went to a member's house to do service and her daughter taught us how to make Harry Potter wands. Halloween costume? Check. They also had this mini poodle dog. Their 9 year old daughter took food coloring and smeared blue and red all over it to make it look like a texas flag. Funniest thing ever.
- The Garza family is a family whos father was baptized over 15 years ago, then they stopped going. About two months ago, Sister Pickett and Sister Perez started helping them come back to church. Yesterday they both got callings, and Brother Garza was told that he can baptize their nine year old son, Miguel on October 25! YAY!!
It's crazy I have already been in "the valley" of Texas for two months. In two months it'll be....." yeah. What!? #feliznavidad
Todo esta bien en sion,
Carter Furlong. #keepgoingstrongmyfriend
Grandma Hemmingsen #cancerfreeclub!! woooo!!