- first of all, my camera drowned in agua de pina and is now dead. I will be making a stop at Best Buy to try to save it's life. #insuranceplease
- Rene got confirmed and received the Holy Ghost yesterday! He will be visiting the temple with Hiram and another member this Saturday. It is so amazing to see their testimonies grow.
- St. Patricks day we had a Lucky Charms eating contest. Who could eat two heaping bowls of cereal. Elder Madsen won with just under 3 minutes. #impresionante. Then we "LARPed" or Live Action Role Played. Everyone tied two balloons to their ankles and then we had fake swords and axes to try and pop each others. It got wayyy intense.
- I taught a member's daughter how to spell her name by putting the letters to the song of Frozen. I probably looked like a crazy person, but it worked! Now she sings, B-R-I-D-G-E-TT that spells Bridgett! to "Let it Go".
- We rode bikes all week in the rain. Saturday night at 8:40, we were 7 miles away from home. We rode so hard up the McPherson hill an got home at 8:55. It was amazing. #mylegslookgood. haha. jk.
- We went to say a prayer with a family at the hospital who had just had a baby at 6 months. We talked for 15 minutes, and then at the end of the prayer, the woman asked me how long I had been learning spanish... "9 months." "Tu espanol es perfecto!" I almost squealed and did a little dance in the hospital.
- On HUMP day I woke up to balloons and little pictures all over the apartment. It was hilarious. My mom sent me a camel and a Hump day shirt. It was glorious. I took pictures, but the canon is dead, so I will send them later. :(
I studied the Atonement this week. There is so much that you can talk about, I hope that you can feel the spirit as I try to explain a bit of what I learned. In missionary work, the spirit is the real teacher, we are just the messengers.
First, I want you to watch this video. Pay attention to the words, the music, and the feelings you have.
The Atonement was the most miraculous event ever to occur in the world. It was simple, but so important. Without it, the existence of the human race would be doomed. On the night of the event, Christ took his apostles to the Garden of Gethsemane. All he asked of them was to watch as he went a bit further to complete the Father's task.
41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast,and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven,strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Someone once told me that a test was done to see how hard it would be to have a man bleed from one pore. They took the strongest man, tied his finger off to give enough pressure to make him bleed. He passed out before the blood came. No matter how hard we try, we as humans cannot imagine the pain he went through. He felt every pain, sickness, temptation, and heartache from Adam until present day. He felt your struggles. He knows what you are going through. You are not alone.
The price has been paid, all of it. There wasn't an ounce not covered. In your times of need, when you feel alone, you aren't. You just have to find where to look for help. Your savior is right there. Look around you, look at your family, the beauty of the world, look at the sky, all the magnificent creations. The Savior is in every breath of your life. Take time to find him. He is there.
To the moon,