- we went to buy ice cream (i got fruit..) at the gas station because Sister Bushman was feeling down, got up to the cash register and this lady cut us off, pulled out her visa and paid for the treats. Turns out she was a member who hadn't been to church in years. CRAZY.
- We gave Kanesha the Plan of Salvation pamphlet Sunday night to study, came back the next day and she taught us the whole thing. It was amazing.
- Last Monday I spent $4 on food.. somehow we were never hungry and always had plenty to eat..
- Kanesha had to move out of her apartment on Tuesday, by the time we got there Bishop, his son, and another member were there moving things out. It was so great.
- We were talking to a man on his porch when all of a sudden he runs out the door screaming. We turned around just as a coyote was about to take a bite out of his little lap dog. Good news, the dog was just fine. It was intense.
- We were exercising on the beach wall Thursday morning. I was running when all of a sudden I started turning around, not really knowing why. As I got back to Sister Bushman a man sat down on the wall next to her, pulling out a cigarette. He told us about how he wanted to change his life and focus on the important things. He also wanted to quit smoking. We can help you. It's crazy how the Lord puts us in peoples' paths who are searching for help.
- Kanesha's malfunctioning car was going to get towed from the apartment complex she was staying in on Friday morning... but we wouldn't let it. With the help of a surfer dude, we switched out the battery, threw it in neutral, and pushed it down the street. #yaman
- Brother King called us Saturday morning asking if we would speak the following morning in church. We were the entire sacrament... no high councilmen or nothing. I didn't even even get to expand on my first few thoughts. It's funny how I can just stand in front of a bunch of people and talk about a gospel topic forever. I'd still be talking if there wasn't a time limit.
- we were walking through the grocery store this morning when this little white/blonde girl whizzed passed me. I thought, "CLAIRE?!" a second later another girl, same hair, scurried after her. They were twin Claires. They were playing just like Claire and cute little Brennyn or Megan would play. It made me so happy.
I did a lot of studying on God's plan for us, his children. I read Moses 1, 3-4 over and over. I tried to write this grand talk that would blow everyone's minds in sacrament meeting yesterday, but I spent the entire morning writing a sentence, tearing it out and crumpling it up on the floor. (literally for 4 hours. It was torture.) I ended up only writing down a couple scripture references and the main bullet points of the Plan of Salvation, focusing on the Atonement. I realized that God's plan is so simple, sometimes we make it too complex with all the distractions of the world. Don't get caught up in your worries, this life is short people. I am quickly realizing that, especially since I am about to hit 1 year in Texas. CRAY. We only have a couple short years in this life, there's no time to preocuparse! Chillllll out.
if it doesn't matter eternally, it doesn't matter.