- Tuesday we went to McAllen with all the leaders of the TMM for 3 days of training. The last day, the people who are leaving this transfer were asked to bear their testimonies. I was totally fine, but then President got up and read his favorite verses of the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi 13: 26-34. It took me back to the first weeks of my mission when I was with a member whose husband had recently lost his job. She was distraught trying to find an answer to what they should do. My companion pulled out 3 Nephi and began to read, " Consider the lilies ofthe field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin..."
- "hemmifest" started this week. I felt so loved.
- It's like 50 degrees here.. We were doing laundry down the hall from our apartment. I was wearing sandals and then this little kid walks by in an eskimo suit, face mask and all.. #texans.
- Julio, our investigator was baptized on Sunday. Everything was so smooth. He was so excited to make such a big step. (Ps.. sorry for not talking about his conversion story very much.. It literally is that he just wanted to be baptized, we taught the lessons, and then he got baptized. It was God's time for him.) It was such a sweet service.
- After Julio's baptism, we went over to Sister Tervort's investigator's baptism. It was another sweet moment because the service was in the Los Fresnos chapel which is the same place that Adolfo, my first convert, was baptized.
- I just found out that I will be working in PORT ISABEL on my birthday.
The Light of Christ
Spirit of Revelation
Sister Maluenda shared these three videos with us at 3 Day. May we all use the light from Christ inside of us and choose to do what he would if he was here. Show your love for him by loving others. I encourage you to serve others, not for the recognition, but because you truly love them. By doing this, you will develop the Christlike attributes to become the best version of yourself. It works. The gospel works. I've seen it and continue to see it everyday.
with love and a little jalapeno spice,