14825 Windward #211
Corpus Christi, Texas
not much happened this week so i'll just list highlights:
- We were eating at a member's house with 5 kids, 1 girl and 4 boys. (That sounds awful.. jajaja) The littlest boy wanted to play with the rubics cube that the oldest boy had. He started whining to his dad and finally the dad sternly said, "Exodus 20:14!" He went and looked it up. "Thou shall not commit adultery." he said. Sister Messer and I died laughing. (he was going for Exodus 20:17 Thou shall not covet.)
- Last night I we were planning when all of a sudden Sister Messer stopped and said, "can I please just pop that zit on your face?" I burst out laughing and let her do it. Then it turned into her doing like a whole face cleanse. It was like living with Madison Trent all over again! #missyoumadison #bobbypins
- We were talking to a man named George. He is like 89 years old but has the sass of a 14 year old girl. He told us about the death of his wife and how the hardest part of her passing was deciding what to do with her body. His son recommended cremation, but then his daughter asked what they would do with the ashes. The son responded, "We will just roll them up into a cigar and smoke her!" George didn't seem to bothered by it, but I was horrified.
- Tuesday and Friday night there were horrible storms that I thought the end of the world was coming. For an hour and a half there was constant lightning that you could see outside and it looked like bright day. The wind shook everything, trees fell, and rain dumped. I could not sleep because the thunder was so loud. It honestly sounded like the lightning was striking right on the roof.
- Some of the poor elders don't have cars and Saturday it POURED. They were riding in the rain and a truck rode creating the "classic hollywood" scene. The water spewed out at them and it looked like they had jumped into a pool. They were so soaked that they rang their ties, socks and shoes out like a towel.
- Bishop asked Sister Messer and I to sing in church last week and then a few days later told us it would be the Sunday que viene. We found a cool arrangement of Be Still My Soul. I played and sang while Sister Messer harmonized with me. Then I ended up getting asked to play all the hymns in both wards for the sacrament meetings. Just want to thank Jodi Paige for making me practice and take lessons. It's paying off!!
- President Maluenda himself is making an appearance in Corpus on Wednesday! #getready. #inspiration
Elder Bednar is probs my favorite apostle.. and Christofferson.. well they are all good. But Bednar's analogies are so simple and applicable.
"Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load. But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness. Because our individual load needs to generate spiritual traction, we should be careful to not haul around in our lives so many nice but unnecessary things that we are distracted and diverted from the things that truly matter most." -Elder Bednar "Bear Up Their Burden's With Ease."
Look at your trials with different eyes, see the good in them and how they are making you stronger.
Your #1 fan,
La Hermanita Hemmingsen
shout out to DVHS prom 2k15. #cuidense!